ATTENTION: following the new measures adopted by the Italian government against the spread of Covid-19, all tours of Palazzo Farnese are canceled until November 30, 2020 inclusive.
Registrations for guided tours of Palazzo Farnese are temporarily suspended until indefinite.
Thank you to try further.
IMPORTANT: Following the Covid 19 health emergency, the guided tours of Palazzo Farnese take place according to the PROVISIONAL PROCEDURES VALID EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE MONTHS OF OCTOBER, NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER, below:
• from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in French
• from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Italian
• from 3 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. in Italian (including the visit of the library of École française de Rome)
NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER 2020
• from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Italian
• from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. in English
• from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in French
• from 4 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. in Italian (includes a visit to the Library of the École Française de Rome)
The price of the tour per person (no reductions):
• on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 3 p.m.: cost 11€
• on Friday at 4 p.m.: cost 13€ (includes a visit to the Library of the École Française de Rome)
The maximum number per group is 16 people.
There are no waiting lists.
All our tours are guided tours and the itinerary is the following: the Sangallo's atrium, the courtyard, the garden, the Hercules salon, the Camerini, the Carracci Gallery.
• visitors' temperature will be taken before entering the Palazzo Farnese
• people with body temperatures above 37.5 degrees are prohibited from entering and is not entitled to a refund
• it is mandatory to wear a surgical mask. The hand sanitizer gel will be available in the reception
• access to the toilets is not authorized
• in case of necessity, the use of the lift will be authorized with the assistance of a security guard in compliance with health regulations
• visitors must arrive 20 minutes before the start time of tour at the meeting point in front of the French Embassy (piazza Farnese, 67)
• reservations can be made exclusively online by choosing a tour on our booking calendar (www.inventerrome.com)
• payment by credit card or Paypal
• once the reservation has been made, no changes of date nor refunds are possible for the months of October, November and December
PLEASE NOTICE THAT:
• there are no other tours other than those published on our site online
• it is not allowed to use an interpreter
• the tours are partially accessible for visitors with wheel chairs
• children under 10 are not allowed to visit (no exception is possible)
• large suitcases, trolleys and big backpacks are not allowed and there is no wardrobe nor luggage deposit
• pictures (with and without flash) are not permitted during the tours
For informations: email@example.com .
RESERVATIONS FOR ONE PERSON OR FOR SMALL GROUPS (MAXIMUM 5 PERSONS) CAN BE MADE DIRECTLY ON THIS WEBSITE THROUGH OUR BOOKING CALENDAR.
Leaded by professional guides, the tours last 1 hour and take place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, in French, Italian or English.
IMPORTANT! Palazzo Farnese is the headquarters of the French Embassy in Rome, therefore there are some strict rules that need to be carefully respected:
- Visitors must arrive 20 minutes before the start time of tour at the meeting point in front of the French Embassy.
- Reservations for tours of Palazzo Farnese are closed one week in advance, after this deadline no booking is permitted.
- The itineraries of the tours can be modified according to the internal needs of the French Embassy.
- Tours may be cancelled due to internal needs of the French Embassy, in such cases visitors will be entirely refunded.
- Children under 10 (who haven’t had their 10th birthday yet) are not allowed to visit Palazzo Farnese.
- Interpretations are not permitted during the tours.
- The price of the tour of Palazzo Farnese is 11 euros.
- The special tour on friday at 5 p.m. (please notice that this tour is only in Italian), which includes also the visit of the library of the École Française de Rome, last 1 hour and the half and has a price of 13 euros.
Palazzo Farnese is one of the main jewels of the Roman Renaissance.
Tours of Palazzo Farnese offer the opportunity to discover the Sangallo’s atrium, the courtyard, the garden, the Hercules salon - with its tapestries inspired to Raffaello’s frescos -, the Camerini and above all the renowned Carracci Gallery, recently restored and reopened to the public and absolute masterpiece of the Carracci brothers, realised between the end of the 16th century and the beginning of the 17th century for Cardinal Odoardo Farnese.
Tours in English take place on wednesdays at 5 p.m.
Please notice that if a tour does not appear on our booking calendar, it means that that tour will not be available for booking.
In order to make a reservation, please choose a tour from our online booking calendar here below, click on the tour of your choice and start the guided booking procedure. Please notice that reservations for all tours are closed a week in advance, after this deadline no booking is permitted and tours for which reservation is closed do not appear on our booking calendar anymore.
The maximum number of participants for each tour is 25.Please notice that no exceptions can be made to the rules mentioned above.
Larger groups (from a minimum of 6 to a maximum of 25 persons) need to reserve one of the regularly scheduled tours with large advance. In order to submit a group request, it is necessary to send to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org the form that you can download here below together with the other documents required (see form).
All requests must be sent at least three months in advance.Form to be downloaded, filled up and sent for group requests: Group PDF.
- Tours are partially accessible for visitors with wheel chairs.
- We cannot accept requests from tour operators or travel agencies or school groups.
- The day of the tour, at the entrance of Palazzo Farnese (French Embassy), security agents will check the identity documents of every visitor.
- Each visitor must bring the identity document used for his or her registration. Please notice that only original documents with picture and effective to travel abroad (identity cards for EU citizens and passports for all citizens) are valid. Copied documents, driving licenses (also in original) and other documents ( e.g. libraries or associations cards) are not valid to enter Palazzo Farnese. Identity documents must be valid on the day of the tour: If a document is expired on the day of the tour, no entrance will be permitted.
- All data provided during the booking procedure (first name, family name, place and date of birth, number of identity document and its expiry date) must correspond exactly. Therefore please check all the data inserted during the booking procedure carefully after receiving your booking confirmation by email, and in case of mistake please write an email to email@example.com promptly.